Our word of the week, “holiness,” challenges all of us in an unholy world to be set apart from our culture. Different from the world. Morally clean in an immoral mess.
Let’s be honest, holiness is hard. It demands diligence. Requires self-discipline. And calls for daily self-examination.
Today’s list offers 13 simple, yet practical and workable steps for maintaining holiness in our Christian walk.
13 Scriptural Steps For Maintaining Holiness
1. Begin with the understanding and realization that God wants you to be holy (1 Pet. 1:15-16).
2. Know that holiness, just like unholiness begins in the heart. Guard it diligently (Prov. 4:23).
3. Stay in the Word for encouragement (Jn. 17:17; Prov. 30:5).
4. Pray for strength and renewal (Ps. 51:10).
5. Remember that God has called us to and created us for holiness. (2 Tim. 1:9; Eph. 4:24).
6. Don’t engage in close fellowship with those who encourage you to be unholy (Eph. 5:11).
7. Find community, connection, and fellowship with those of like faith (1 Jn. 1:7)
9. Make a covenant with your eyes not to be led astray by lustful looks (Job. 31:1; Ps 139:7).
10. Be conscious of what thoughts you’re putting into your mind through books, magazines, media, movies, television, and the internet (Phil. 4:8).
11. Pursue holiness just like any other worthwhile goal in life (Heb. 12:14).
12. Enlist the support of others to help you be holy (Gal. 6:1-2; Jas. 5:16).
13. When unholiness stains your heart and life, repent. Confess it. Ask forgiveness. And get back on the right path (1 Jn. 1:7-10)
‘Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord” (Heb. 12:14).
–Ken Weliever, The Preacherman
2 responses to “Friday’s List To Live By #77”
Excellent thoughts thank you Ken
Pingback: Weekly Recap: March 13-18 | ThePreachersWord