What is Christianity?
“Christianity, in its purest form, is nothing more than seeing Jesus,” writes Max Lucado in God Came Near. “Christian service, in its purest form, is nothing more than imitating him who we see. To see His Majesty and to imitate him, that is the sum of Christianity” elaborates Lucado.
While I don’t agree with all of his theology, I do agree with Max on this—Christianity is about Christ! I mean what else could it be about? Well, sometimes, if we are not careful, we can make it about us. About our traditions. Our church. Our programs. Or our own narrow view filtered through the colored lens of our prejudice.
In John 12:21, certain Greeks came to Philip and said, “Sir, we wish to see Jesus.” That ought to be our desire. To see who Jesus is. To see His attitude. To see His compassion. To see His treatment of others. To see His relation to the Father. To see His Deity. To see His humanity. To see His sacrificial love. To see His ascension. To see Him on the throne.
When we see Jesus, we will see Christianity. And then we can imitate Him.
—Ken Weliever, The Preacherman
One response to “Christianity”
John 5:39 New International Version
You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me,
In all 15 weeks, Christ lives vicariously and in one actually literally.
There are 15 weeks.
There are 70 workers.
god has seven weeks and seven workers.
israel has seven weeks and 62 workers.
the adopted have one week and one worker.
1. genesis – god is light.
2. joseph and slavery – the eldest dies.
3. simeon and famine – the land dies.
4. ark of the covenant – god is holy.
5. levi and wilderness – the priests die.
6. temple – god is worshipped in spirit and truth.
7. judah and babylon – the king dies.
8. immanuel – god is with us.
9. issachar and 70 AD jerusalem – the hired man dies.
10 PASSION – god is touched.
11. pentecost – god is with us.
12. zebelun and the holocaust – death in the dwelling place.
13. 1st resurrection – rise up children of god.
14. 2nd pentecost – god is the kingdom.
15. benjamine and the death of rachel’s children – the youngest dies.
12 weeks are fulfilled to include the passion week.
3 weeks remain, (1) genesis, (13) 1st resurrection and (14) 2nd pentecost.
All weeks mirror the passion week.
Jesus works the passion week.
The passion week is the paradigm, the passion paradigm.