Almost all of our Friday lists involve positive steps we can apply to specific areas of our life. Today’s list, however, is all negative.
It is taken from “Lists to Live By: The Christian Collection” complied by Alice Gray, Steve Stephens and John Van Diest. It is a list of behaviors we need to avoid.
Sometimes, we can learn how to live by seeing what to avoid. Consider this list prayerfully.
40 BEHAVIORS TO AVOID
1. Obsessing over regrets.
2. Saying “yes” to the wrong things.
3. Saying “no” to the right things.
4. Buying into materialism.
5. Seeking fulfillment from others.
6. Setting foolish priorities.
7. Setting no priorities.
8. Speaking without considering the consequences.
9. Avoiding long-term commitments.
10. Becoming negative or critical.
11. Not anticipating the future.
12. Clinging to the past.
13. Submitting to fear.
14. Being paralyzed by worries.
15. Refusing to get help.
16. Ignoring problems while they’re small.
17. Making false assumptions.
18. Limiting oneself.
19. Limiting God.
20. Not learning from mistakes.
21. Avoiding responsibility.
22. Blaming others.
23. Enjoying a rut.
24. Majoring on minors.
25. Minoring on majors.
26. Hurting others.
27. Becoming cynical.
28. Thinking above the law.
29. Thinking inside the box.
30. Not pacing oneself.
31. Using people.
32. Speaking more than listening.
33. Placing comfort above character.
34. Believing only what you see.
35. Seeing only what you believe.
36. Overreacting to situations.
37. Denying blind spots and weaknesses.
38. Fighting change.
39. Not affirming people.
40. Losing perspective.
This is all summed up in a positive principle enunciated by the apostle Paul. “Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ” (Phil. 1:27).
–Ken Weliever, The Preacherman
One response to “Friday’s List To Live By #98”
Pingback: Weekly Recap: August 29-September 2 | ThePreachersWord