The apostle Peter commands Christians to “grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” (2 Pet. 3:18).
The apostle Paul offers this thought-provoking challenge. “Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you — unless, of course, you fail the test?” (2 Cor 13:5
So, today’s list a series of questions to help you apply those two commands.
9 QUESTIONS FOR SELF-EXAMINATION
(1) Do I need to grow in my knowledge and understanding of scripture? (2 Tim. 2:15)
(2) Do I need better judgment in applying what I already know? (Phil 1:9)
(3) Do I need to develop deeper convictions? (1 Tim 1:12)
(4) Do I need to make greater commitments to developing my skills, gifts and abilities in service to the Lord? (1 Pet 4:10)
(5) Do I need to become more servant-minded? (Matt 20:26-28)
(6) Do I need to add to my faith areas where I am lacking in virtue? (2 Pet 1:5-11)
(7) Do I need to be more engaged in opportunities to do good? (Gal. 6:10)
(8) Do I need to be a more devoted husband? Wife? Parent? (Eph. 5:22-6:4)
(9) Do I need a better, deeper, stronger love? For God? For my neighbor? For my brethren? (Matt. 22:37-40; John 13:34-35).
How did you do? Are you passing? Or failing? Is there room for improvement?
–Ken Weliever, The Preacherman
BTW, this exercise will be even more effective, if you take the time to read each of these scriptures as you ask yourself these questions
One response to “Friday’s List To Live By #76”
Pingback: Weekly Recap: March 6-11 | ThePreachersWord