This is the 6th in a series of 13 Lists to Live By. If you’ve missed any of the first 5, click here to access them.
We’ve heard from several readers who would like to see this as a regular feature. If you have an opinion, we’d love to hear from you.
Today’s list, How To Love Your Wife, is adapted from Stuart Scott’s book “The Exemplary Husband.”
10 WAYS TO LOVE YOUR WIFE
1. Prefer her over yourself.
2. Show interest in her interests.
3. Encourage her with words of appreciation.
4. Brighten her day with an unexpected card, note, flowers, or gift.
5. Listen with interest to her concerns while showing compassion.
6. Help her when she looks as if she needs it (don’t wait to be asked).
7. Do chivalrous things to let her know how special she is to you.
8. Give her non-sexual affection.
9. Seek to please and satisfy her during sexual intimacy.
10. Pray with her and lead her spiritually.
–Ken Weliever, The Preacherman