HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of our readers around the world. According to an end of the year report that I received from WordPress, ThePreachersWord has been read in 191 countries in 2015. For that we are both humbled and thankful.
After a holiday break, as we counted down the 10 top posts for 2015, we are ready for a new and exciting year in 2016. Of course, everyone desires good health, prosperity, peace of mind and successful endeavors for the new year. However, Google revealed some rather unusual searches for New Years resolutions.
The top 10 Google searches that people made in December for 2016 resolutions included the predictable how to remove stress and how to lose weight. But also making the top 10 were How to write a letter of recommendation. How to write a resignation letter. And even how to cook kale chips, cook cabbage, and crochet a beanie! Really?
I’ve got a better list. And they are all Biblical. Here are 10 wishes that we send to each of you to make your 2016 the best year ever.
(10) “Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.” (Jas 4:8)
(9) “I will delight myself in Your statutes; I will not forget Your word.” (Ps 119:16)
(8) “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” (1 Thess 5:16-18)
(7) “Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus” (Phil 2:5)
(6) “Present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. (Rom 12:1-2)
(5) “Consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near. (Heb 10:24-25)
(4) “In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.” (Matt 7:12)
(3) “Then (Jesus) said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.” (Lk. 9:23)
(2) “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” (Matt 22:39)
(1) “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment” (Matt 22:38
You can probably think of some other important ones, that I’ve omitted,. But I believe these will keep you busy for 2016. Oh, and I guarantee you that they will be much more satisfying and rewarding than learning how to make kale chips!
–Ken Weliever, The Preacherman
4 responses to “10 BIBLICAL RESOLUTIONS FOR A HAPPY NEW YEAR”
Good thoughts to start the new year. I enjoy your posts.
Thanks, Tommy. I appreciate you being a regular reader and for your constant encouragement. Happy New Year!
Great post! I plan on reading the entire bible before 2017, and I will definitely be highlighting some of these scriptures! Thanks so much for sharing.
Great list, Mr. W! I actually giggled outloud about the kale chips! Wishing you and yours the best in 2016!