October 22, 2020 · 4:22 am
Yesterday The Today show featured a segment on the problem of pressure during the Coronavirus pandemic. It released the results of research by Mental Health America (MHA) and the American Psychological Association (APA) on the mental health of Americans during this crisis.
- 78% of adults said COVID-19 is a significant source of stress in their life.
- 2/3 said they were experiencing increased stress during the pandemic.
- Generation Z (born between 1997 and 2012) are more likely to feel lonely.
- More than 50% of kids 11-17 admitted they had thought of committing suicide.
- The number of people looking for help with anxiety and depression during the pandemic has skyrocketed.
Continue reading →
September 3, 2014 · 7:05 am
Have you heard the old, one-liner joke that asks, “What lies at the bottom of the ocean and twitches?”
Can you guess?
The answer is…. Continue reading →
January 26, 2012 · 6:46 am
There is a great story that comes out of Greece in the 5th century B.C. During the war between two city-states, a spy was captured and sentenced to death. Before the execution he demanded an audience with the Ruler of that city. When the interview was granted, he stood before the Ruler and pled “O great king, if you do not execute me, but instead allow me to live a mere two years longer, I will teach your favorite horse to sing.” Continue reading →