Yesterday The Today show featured a segment on the problem of pressure during the Coronavirus pandemic. It released the results of research by Mental Health America (MHA) and the American Psychological Association (APA) on the mental health of Americans during this crisis.
- 78% of adults said COVID-19 is a significant source of stress in their life.
- 2/3 said they were experiencing increased stress during the pandemic.
- Generation Z (born between 1997 and 2012) are more likely to feel lonely.
- More than 50% of kids 11-17 admitted they had thought of committing suicide.
- The number of people looking for help with anxiety and depression during the pandemic has skyrocketed.