I’ve always been amazed at folks who think that success in life is anti-Biblical.
How can anyone think that God created us to be unsuccessful in any area of life that He ordained as good? Of course, it depends on how you define success.
The book of Proverbs reveals many solid suggestions and fundamental principles for success in every endeavor.
J. J. Turner in his book Winning through a Positive Spiritual Attitude offers thirty. Here are a baker’s dozen we’ve adapted for your consideration and meditation.
1. A person who seeks success must be a good listener (Prov. 1:5).
2. God and His law must be respected to achieve true and lasting success (Prov. 1:7).
3. Giving (with the right motive) increases our chances for getting (Prov. 3:7; 11:25).
4. Persistent, hard work is necessary to achieve success (Prov. 6:6).
5. Success gained through cheating will either dissipate or be disrespected (Prov. 11:1).
6. Common sense is a valuable quality for success (Prov. 11:22).
7. Laziness is a sure guarantee of failure (Prov. 12:27).
8. Speaking hastily without thinking can kill success (Prov. 13:3).
9. Choosing the right companions will enhance your possibility for success (Prov. 13:20).
10. Good decision-making is a must for success (Prov. 16:20).
11. A lack of self-control will suppress or shatter your success (Prov. 20:1).
12. Doing a poor, haphazard, sloppy job won’t bring success (Prov. 18:9).
13. How you think is vital to your success (Prov. 23:7).
“The one who deals wisely in a matter will find success, and blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord.” (Prov. 16:20, NET).
–Ken Weliever, The Preacherman