Our list 2 weeks ago was 13 positive “one another” commands. However, there are also some negative one another commands.
Sometimes the Bible instructs us on how to live and get along with one another, by showing us toxic behaviors that harm our relationships.
7 “One Another’ Don’ts
1. Don’t bite, devour and consume one another (Gal. 5:15).
2. Don’t be conceited, envious, or provoke one another (Gal. 5:26).
3. Don’t judge one another or put in stumbling block in your brother’s path (Rom. 14:13).
4. Don’t go to law against one another (1 Cor . 6:7).
5. Don’t lie to one another (Col. 3:9).
6. Don’t slander one another (Jas. 4;11).
7. Don’t grumble against one another (Jas. 5:9).
Finally, consider the words of this unknown author: “You can’t be any closer to God than you are to the person you love the least.”
–Ken Weliever, The Preacherman