With so many things around us that are discouraging, it’s easy to become a discourager.
Adapted and condensed from Mike Lee’s “Get Hope” website, our list this week offers simple, specific ways you can be an encourager.
To access past lists to live by, click here.
10 WAYS YOU CAN BE AN ENCOURAGER
1. If you notice it, share it. Don’t let shyness hold you back. If you see something you appreciate or admire, mention it. Nothing is too small.
2. Become aware of what encourages you and then go do it to others.
3. Be specific when you offer words of praise.
4. At home with your spouse and children, tell them what you appreciate about them. Say thank you for the little things they do.
5. Encourage five people every day. Put five penny’s in your left pocket. Each time you say something nice to one person put one penny in the right pocket. Make it your goal to move all your penny’s from the left pocket to the right pocket.
6. Get in a small group. This is a great place to practice being an encourager.
7. If you’re in a small group, try to say something nice to everyone in your group.
8. When you are encouraged by someone, tell them how they encouraged you, and say thank you.
9. Stop finding fault with what is wrong and think about what is right.
10. Smile a lot. This sends out positive feelings. Turn that frown upside down!
“Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing” (1 Thess. 5:11).
–Ken Weliever, The Preacherman
One response to “Friday’s List To Live By #8”
Pingback: Weekly Recap: August 23-28 | ThePreachersWord