August 3, 2017 · 5:06 am
I don’t know who originated this quiz. It’s been around a while. But I ran across it again in my files. It goes like this.
1. Name the 5 wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last 5 Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last 5 winners of the Miss America pageant.
4. Name the last 3 people who’ve won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize
5. Name the last 5 World Series winners. Continue reading →
January 26, 2016 · 5:52 am
Melvin Newland tells a touching story that comes out of the Special Olympics several years ago.
Enthusiasm and excitement filled the air as these special needs children enjoyed athletic competition but also the camaraderie of being with each other. One event was the 220 yard dash. The contestants lined up, and at the signal they began running as fast as they could. Continue reading →